Wednesday, September 29

Sorry :-(

I know, I know, it's been over six months since the last time I posted. I'm sorry. I really want to keep up with this blog, but I just can't seem to make it happen. I am trying again, with a new sense of motivation. It's kind of like losing weight. I start out really motivated and then it tapers off and I end up back where I started (or worse!). I have a few back-posts from my personal journal that I am going to try and condense into this post and then I'll be back on top of things.

July 2010

7-3 At Asia Kitchen for lunch

Right after my birthday I had a small nervous breakdown. I was just lounging around a couple of weeks after looking through the pics from the surprise party that Brian threw for me and I realized that there wasn't a single good pic of me. In fact, I absolutely HATED every pic I saw. Then my pants split. Not just any pair of pants; my most favorite, stretchy, comfy, fat jeans burst apart. Once I got past the shock of throwing away my fav pants, I realized I had to face the scale. Watching the needle on the scale jerk around and come to a stop at the same number that I saw when I was 7 months pregnant(!) was one of the worst feelings ever. It's been almost four years, how can I possibly weigh this much? How could I have let myself get this bad? How did I not freak out 50 or 60lbs ago and do something? I talked to Brian and a couple of great friends and started my weight loss adventure on July 19, 2010.

August 2010

DSCI0058

By August 1, I lost 6 lbs. I started counting calories using an iPhone app called LoseIt! and trying to workout five or six days a week. Some days all I could do was 30 minutes of simple yoga stretches, other days I am using "Rockin' Body" videos. Thus far, its all been cardio or stretching but I know I need to add resistance training too. Ugh! The thought of digging the bow-flex out of the mess and then working out in the nasty, hot, sweltering garage -- no thanks! Eww. I'll keep thinking about that one. I know I should be making better food choices too, but I find it almost impossible to eat "good" foods when the people I eat with are chowing down on all the stuff I'd rather have. Mostly I've been just eating much smaller portions of the same junk to keep my calories in check. Right now it's working, but I know that eventually I'll need to eat a little differently if I want to continue to see results. By the 30th, things are looking a little brighter, and lighter (down 12 lbs). Unfortunately on of my best friends is going through a hard time and her mom is seriously ill. After I spoke with her one afternoon and we discussed our weight battles and her mom's struggles I was inspired. I signed up for the Lance Armstrong LiveStrong Challenge in Austin! The proceeds go to cancer research and resources for cancer patients and their families. I am running (maybe walking) the 5K distance and I am trying to raise $250 on top of my registration fee by then.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment