Wednesday, September 29

A few things that make me smile

As we near the end of September I can proudly say I have lost 15 lbs so far. I have quite a way to go, but I am very excited about this first 15. I was sitting in my favorite spot on the sofa last night contemplating how much more comfy and baggy my jeans are now that there is less of me to stuff in them and my weight loss has finally started to sink in. It's been a little slower than I had hoped, but I'm noticing new things that make me smile a whole lot more often now. Like, how our bath towels (not bath sheets, but regular towels) firmly close all the way around me again. They used to gape open at the hip area so it didn't really cover anything important. As Peach would say, "the good china" was out for all to see. (If you aren't a Project Runway fan, sorry. If you are a PJ fan, you should read this The Sassy Curmudgeon.) I'm sure Brian was trying his hardest not to fall out of his chair laughing at me when I came bounding out of the bathroom with the towel around me hollering, "Look Babe! Look, it goes all the way around!" :insert amusing spin in the hallway followed by me running back to the bathroom to finish getting ready:

3-21 Gettin my hair did
(This pic is from '07 and one of my absolute favorites. Sorry I don't have the cojones to post a pic of ME in a towel just yet.)

Make me smile realization #2: My boobs are shrinking!! WooHoo!! Happy Dance at Nomi's! I have discovered that some of my bras are getting looser and some of them are (gasp!) even a little bit too big. Predictably, Brian is not thrilled with this new development. He is trying very hard to be supportive of my weight loss endeavors but this side effect is really bumming him out. According to the measurements I have been taking since the beginning of August, I am down about an inch and a half at the bust. I am, if you couldn't tell, very excited about the shrinking boobs...I just wish they didn't have to sag even more now. Oh well, maybe one day I really can afford the breast reduction/lift procedure. #3: My flip flops are more comfortable. I must admit, I didn't see this one coming. I had started to notice that the instep was starting to dig in and blister my feet right where the strap connects to the sole of the shoe. I attributed this to a need for new shoes (because what red-blooded, American woman wouldn't jump at the excuse to buy new shoes?!?), but looks like I was wrong. I guess 15 lbs less makes a big difference in the amount of pressure on my shoes and now I can wear some that I didn't wear all summer. I'll have to try this out on some of my stilettos that I stashed because they were just too painful to contemplate.
HEELS Pictures, Images and Photos


Now that I've thoroughly patted myself on the back and spent far too much time looking at pics of great stilettos, I must come back to reality. I have been doing really well with the calorie counting, but I haven't been able to work out since before I went to Kansas on the 18th. I ate far too much while I was there...I went almost 4,000(!) calories over on ONE day of that weekend and I'm not even sure I counted everything I ate. Once I got back, my allergies attacked me and I have been wheezing and hacking since. Every time I try to work out I can't make it past my warmup before the wheezing starts and I can't continue. I HAVE to get back to my jogging/running training so I can be ready for the LiveStrong Challenge. I'm down to less than a month! I already had to drop out of the Run for the Fund race at Seaworld on Oct 2. I'm disappointed that I can't do it, but I WILL do the LiveStrong Challenge. I don't care if I have to drag myself across the finish line on my hands and knees, I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment